I had my husband in stitches last night describing an incident that happened just last week. We were watching a commercial on TV about learning foreign languages when he looked at me and said that must be something that people without any kids have time to do. I looked at him and said that I'm trying to learn a two year old's language, which sometimes can be rather difficult, not so much in what they say, but in what they mean.
Here's the scenario: I finish up a task in the kitchen and head off to use the restroom before beginning my next job. While in the bathroom, my two year old daughter literally comes barging in, runs right up to me, and, with great urgency says, "Clean mess in kitchen!" Since this was really clear, and I was JUST THERE, and there was no mess when I left the room, I groan inwardly wondering what she was talking about. After finishing my business in the bathroom, I walk in the kitchen, groan outwardly (OK, I admit it, I more than groaned!) when seeing a WHOLE GALLON of red Kool Aid spilled on the floor. In the process of wiping up, I discovered the hard way that a whole gallon of red Kool Aid, if not cleaned up quickly, works it way under the fridge and then drips into a basket of clean clothes that is in the laundry/bathroom downstairs. At this point in time, calling it a day and heading off to bed sounded like a really great idea.
So after we stop laughing, Bill looks at me and comments that I can't even go to the bathroom without something like that happening. I laughed and told him that's been the story of my life for say, the last 15 years! Funny thing is that both of my oldest children did the exact same thing to me 12 years ago.
Irony in the whole incident is that the morning before this happened, I did a complete and thorough mopping job on the whole floor, so it figures that this would happen right afterwards!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment