OK, so here's the newest lesson I learned when dealing with kids - when one nostril has something in it, check out the other one! After clearing the peanut out of one of my 2 year old's nostrils, later that evening, my 14 year old son noticed that there was something in the other one. So he and I tried to get it out, without any success at all. It was REALLY stuck! So, at 8:00 that Monday night, I loaded her up in the van and we headed out to our local urgent care clinic. It wasn't fun having it removed - suction didn't work, which meant that the doctor had to go in after it with a stick that had a small narrow scoop on the end. Needless to say, the 2 year old absolutely HATED this procedure, but thankfully it did work, and she can now breathe out of both of her nostrils. We were home by 10:30 that evening, which wasn't too bad, all things considered.
I would have loved to know what she was thinking when she put them in her nose. It must have been something like, "Hmmm, this is just the perfect size...I wonder if it will fit....yeah, it did! Now, I wonder if another one will fit in the other hole? Oh no, it hurts now - where's mom?"
So anyway, I need to update my earlier post to the following: 14 years, 8 kids, 2 broken bones, 20 stitches and 3 objects stuck in the nose!
8 years ago
3 comments:
Hilarious! I just discovered your blog....We stand at 13 years, 4 surgically removed teeth, many ER trips (used to have chronic ear infectors...), but ZERO objects stuck into noses! By the Grace of God indeed.......
Come by and visit--I'd love to have you read me. Glad I found you!
:)
Hey, it's my pal laurazim!!
Ugh. I am not fond of late night urgent care....see you next week.
God Bless
Oh, goodness!! Glad she's all right, but OUCH!! Hope you're having a great start to spring :).
Post a Comment